Eh-team Menu

16 July 2008

Camping in a garage sale….

Rob and my best bud Barb Doiron worked like crazy while I was in BC, and now the entire house worth of stuff is in the living room, including the bed.  it sort of reminds me of a sleepover, but in you crazy aunt's attic, filled to the rafters with stuff. It's actually not bad, and it hasn't driven me crazy yet.
I can see clearly now, my astigmatism's gone.... Apparently, I now have 20/20 vision, as does Rob. However, I keep reaching for my glasses in the morning(which aren't there), or thinking that I've forgot them somewhere and I had better find them.  I wonder how long that will take to wear off, since I've worn glasses since grade one. we had our surgeries done at LasikMD (www.lasikmd.com).  It was much less traumatic than I expected, seeing as they're almost slicing your cornea off, and then resurfacing it with burning lasers. Hooray for Ativan!!!! It's actually kind of cool, the glasses are collected as the patients leave surgery, and then donated to relief organizations that help people who otherwise have no access to an optometrist, or couldn't afford glasses, even if they could get someone to check their eyes.  So hopefully my old glasses will help someone else!
Rob and I had the chance to have coffee with a couple from Beulah Alliance that had lived a year in Ipswich, about 1/2 hour out of Brisbane.  Thanks Trix and Jake!!!  The biggest thing I take away from the information: It DOES actually get cold!  Trix had wished she had brought her gloves along!  Mmmmkay.  don't ditch ALL the sweaters when we pack! They also had many recommendations of stuff to see and do, besides the obvious tourist stuff. Apparently they explored so much that they both lost a ton of weight!  So there's always hope for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment