Eh-team Menu

11 August 2009

New Niece

WOOT!!!:  My new niece,  Hunter, was at 2:09 on the afternoon of August 9th, 2009.  Congrats to Rick and Tracy.

I haven't written for a while, so I beter get my butt in gear.  The weekend before last I went to Deadwood to visit Mom.  We had a lovely visit.  Sunday I went to the Manning museum pancake breakfas with Barb (my sister) and Jim. I then went to church with Tavia and Micheal.  At church I met up with the whole Nelson clan.  Tana, Collin and Anita were all home with their respective spouses.  I went out to lunch at their place and then supper at Tavia & Micheal's.  We ended up hanging out until well after midnight.

This week I took Friday off to have my one year Lasic eye exam.  Apparently the laser eye surgery went very well.  Each eye by itself has 20/20 vision and, to prove thing are beter together, both eyes are 20/15.  On the way home afterwards I drove by the theatre in St Albert.  Suddenly I though, "It's Friday afternoon, I'm not at work, I should go to a movie."  I saw "GI Joe".  Cool special effects and stuff, but I've come to the realization that they just went way too far beyond the bounds of believability.  The ice blocks falling through the water to crush underwater fortress was a bit much.

Saturday was evening service at church.  I was running projection Saturday and video cueing Sunday.  Big changes are coming.  This week they are installing two side screens and projectors.  That is going to make things at bit more complicated. I guess I'll see how it goes.

In the afternoon, I saw "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" with some friends.  Enjoyed it.  The first 20 minutes where in 3D; not sure if that was worth it though.  The preview of "A Christmas Carol" was a better use of 3D.

After supper I went to bed early. I woke up in the middle of the night, which is why I am writting this at 3:35am.  Starting to get tired, so I'll go back to sleep soon.

Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment